Monday, October 24, 2011

Apples, Apples and more Apples.

Well I cannot even tell you how many apples we got off our tree. I know how cool is it that we rent and have our own apple tree. Anyway we went ahead and picked all the apples off our tree. Who would have thought that a little apple tree could produce so many apples, it did. I had already been spending my spare time peeling, coring and slicing apples to dehydrate. Now I know why my mom never did this, it is a lot of work for something that gets eaten so fast, not only that but it takes so long. I would have made applesauce or even apple pie filling but someone doesn't like any of those things so dried apples is what we have. Like I said I've been doing this for quite some time( like 2 weeks) then to pick all the apples and find out that I still have 4.5 bags left to do. I was so happy that Grandpa & Grandma Johnson wanted some and that Bryce wanted some as well. I know it takes away from my food storage but I don't know how much more I can take. If anyone in eastern Idaho would like a bag of apples let me know I'm willing to part with one.

No comments:

Post a Comment