Monday, March 9, 2015

March Update

I thought I would give everyone a little bit of an update!! I know it has been a while since I have left a post but I thought maybe some people out here would like to know what is going on in our lives. So here goes. 
I have become a stay at home mom. This was not planned and at the time was a very stressful decision. I was laid off at my job, that I had been brought in and had been there for almost a year. I was very upset that they would do that, but as time has drawn on  I know that it was only a matter of time before everyone gets laid off. It's been fun to stay home with Reese especially since he's now almost 19 months old and very energetic and starting to talk.  We spend a good majority of our day playing basketball and him helping me clean the house and do laundry. 




I wouldn't change it for anything. Right now it's Tax Season and so Mitch is very busy and works alot, we see him very evening and on Sundays it seems. Tax Season is almost over and we are looking forward to April. 
I was doing some studying this morning and I thought that since I've been angry with some of the women of the church and how they have been acting I thought that this was very fitting for my thoughts on the Priesthood and how I wish that some people would do some research and listen to the Prophets and what they learn in the temple. Sometimes I wonder if they have these strong doubts and they aren't taking them to the temple and studying them and finding an answer for themselves. I hope that they find peace with their choices and that instead of focusing on complete equality that they will understand that complete equality isn't truely equal anymore.   

My young sisters, some will try to persuade you that because you are not ordained to the priesthood you have been shortchanged. They are simply wrong, and they do not understand the gospel of Jesus Christ. The blessings of the priesthood are available to every righteous man and woman. We may all receive the Holy Ghost, obtain personal revelation, and be endowed in the temple, from which we emerge “armed” with power. 12 The power of the priesthood heals, protects, and inoculates all of the righteous against the powers of darkness. Most significantly, the fulness of the priesthood contained in the highest ordinances of the house of the Lord can only be received by a man and woman together. 13 Said President Harold B. Lee: “Pure womanhood plus priesthood means exaltation. But womanhood without priesthood, or priesthood without pure womanhood doesn’t spell exaltation.”

It Is Not Good for Man or Woman to Be Alone

No comments:

Post a Comment